Singapore Access Federation (SGAF)
The Singapore Access Federation (SGAF) service is a Federated Identity Management System for Singapore’s research and education community.
SGAF uses SAML 2.0 authentication and authorisation systems to enable scalable, trusted collaborations among Singapore’s R&E community.
The authentication is performed by the user’s home institution, thereby maintaining control of its users’ information. The service provider grants authorized service access based on specific user attributes.
For Researchers, Staff Members or Students:
- Enjoy seamless access to multiple resources with single sign-on through your credentials maintained with your home institution.
For Institutions (Identity Providers):
- Through SGAF, institutions enable its researchers, staff and students to securely access a wide range of resources by logging in with their home institution credentials. Institutions are able to manage the levels of their users’ privacy and information exchange.
For Service Providers:
- Through connecting to SGAF, it enables you to provide access to authorised users in a secure manner. Service providers no longer need to maintain user accounts.
Users whose home institutions are SGAF members can access NSCC Singapore services via this user portal.
FileSender is a web based application that allows authenticated users to securely and easily send arbitrarily large files to other users.
These are the institutions in Singapore that are connected to SGAF:
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Polytechnic (SP)
- Temasek Polytechnic (TP)